How To Measure Your Ring Size
Welcome! Here you will find how to measure your ring size with our fabulous ring sizing chart.
How can I measure my ring size without a ring sizer?
It's easy to measure your ring size at home without a ring sizer. All you need is some sort of string or paper, a ruler, and a pen!
1. Grab a string/paper/or piece of floss and wrap it around the base of your finger make sure it's tight but not too tight.
2. Mark the point where the string ends around your finger or touches the string again.
3. Measure the string or paper with a ruler using millimetres (mm).
4. Divide this number by 3.14 to get the diameter of the ring which is one point on the ring straight across to the other side of the ring.
5. Once you have divided by 3.14 take this number and find the closest measurement on the ring size chart provided above!
For example if you took the string and measured 51.81 millimetres, you would take this number and divide by 3.14 to get 16.5 millimetres. On the size chart this would mean that you are a size 6!
How do I know my ring size is right?
The correct ring size will feel firm on your finger and won't fall off if you shake your hand. However the ring will still be loose enough to slide over your knuckle and off your fingers if you apply a little force. However it is important that fingers can change in size depending on the temperature. Hotter temparetures will cause fingers to be more swollen while colder temperatures will cause fingers to shrink.
You can also go into a professional jewelry store and ask if they have a ring sizer you can find your ring size there.
Another alternative is to buy your own ring sizer online. There are many options available like this one on Amazon. It is super cheap and under $10!
What is the average ring size for women?
The average ring size for women fall around a range of size 5 to size 7. However there are many women who fall between a size 3 to size 9.